Scientific Report Writing
Science report writing workshops that help scientists improve their writing skills and present their findings more clearly and effectively. Workshop progranmmes are designed in partnership with Dr Russell Huby, a scientist with more than twenty-five years’ research experience taking in both industry and academia.
Our training covers four general themes:
- Planning and preparation.
- Organising yourself.
- Organising your document.
- Using language effectively.
Workshops are suitable for both scientists new to report-writing in their jobs and people with more experience who want to improve their skills further.
Asking questions, finding answers
Using a mix of practical activities and group discussion, we lead participants through the process of:
- Analysing the challenges of effective communication within the context of writing scientific reports.
- Identifying what works, what doesn’t, and why.
- Discovering strategies, tools and techniques they can use to to make the task of report writing easier and the results more successful.
We work with businesses, research institutes, and the public sector, and adapt the specific content of each session to meet the needs of the individual group.
To find out more, go to our separate science report writing training site.