Effective Letters and Emails
This training in writing effective emails and letters shows staff why their writing matters and gives them essential tools and techniques for writing customer-focused letters and emails that make a positive impact on the reader, strengthen relationships, and get results faster.
I can incorporate your own organisation’s emails and letters into the programme so your team can look at these in the light of the points we are covering and come up with specific ideas for how to make documents stronger and more effective.
Participants learn to:
- Identify the result they want to achieve and work to achieve it.
- Structure emails so readers can grasp the key points quickly.
- Answer the reader’s questions – before they are asked.
- Use clear and straightforward language.
- Spot and avoid common communication pitfalls.
Full day (can be split), or half day tailored to cover your top priorities.
Up to twelve.
Who should attend
Admin and customer service teams, account managers, anyone who writes regularly to customers and clients.
Benefits to your organisation
Train your staff to write more effective emails and letters, and you:
- Get things done more quickly.
- Reduce queries and complaints from customers and contacts.
- Reduce misunderstandings and improve relationships.
- Resolve complaints more easily and keep the customer’s trust.
- Present a professional image.
Effective Letters and Emails workshop programme outline
What it is, why it matters, and how easily emails and letters can send the wrong messages.
Meeting your organisation’s needs
What your organisation wants from each type of email/letter.
Meeting readers’ needs
Who your readers are, and how you can help meet their needs.
Why readability matters, how to measure it, how to improve it.
The power of plain English
What plain English is and why it is the key to effective communication.
Sorting out structure
How to structure and organise information so readers get the main points quickly and easily.
Writing with impact
How to choose language that sends positive messages and gives readers confidence.
Clear and concise sentences
How to spot and sort out a sentence that’s going wrong.
Why it matters how you start and finish, and what’s appropriate for your organisation.
Checking grammar and punctuation
How to avoid common writing mistakes.
Why accuracy matters, plus essential proofreading tips and techniques.
Effective Letters and Emails Workshop Prices
One-day workshop: £1350
Half-day workshop: £750
- Discussion about what you want to achieve.
- A programme that takes into account your goals plus the needs of the specific group as assessed via samples of participants’ own writing and a pre-course survey. No time wasted on points everyone already understands.
- Pre-course preparation activities for participants, to kick-start the thinking process.
- Printed course manuals.
- Feedback to course organiser.
Expenses will be kept to a minimum and charged at cost. No charge for travel time within the UK. I will provide a best estimate of total expenses before you commit to a course.