Training in effective copywriting for people in sales and marketing departments and others whose roles involve writing to sell or persuade.
Workshops cover a range of copywriting tools and techniques that will improve communication and increase sales. The programme can be tailored to include work on your own existing or proposed material, so people take away directly relevant ideas they can use immediately.
Participants learn to:
- See things from the perspective of their target audience.
- Direct each piece of writing towards the desired result.
- Identify features and benefits that matter to their readers and build these into their writing.
- Structure writing for maximum impact and effectiveness.
- Use clear and straightforward language.
- Spot and avoid common communication pitfalls.
Full day (can be split), or half day tailored to cover your top priorities.
Up to twelve.
Who should attend
Marketing teams, sales teams, web teams.
Benefits to your organisation
Train your staff in copywriting, and you:
- Get more leads and sales, online and through print.
- Get things done more quickly.
- Engage customers and build relationships.
Sample Effective Copywriting workshop programme outline
What is copywriting?
What it is and why your business needs it.
The decision making process
How people make buying decisions and what that teaches us about how to write copy.
Identifying the result you want
Why each piece of writing needs a specific purpose and what that might be.
Knowing what you are selling
How to define what’s special about your products or services and so give people reasons to buy.
The reader’s perspective
Who your customers and potential customers are and what matters to them.
Tone of voice
How your organisation comes across to readers – and how you want it to come across.
Why readability matters, how to measure it, how to improve it.
Writing with impact
How to use direct and positive language and choose the words that make the most impact.
Sorting out structure
How to structure writing so you grab the reader’s attention and keep them reading.
What makes an effective headline – and what doesn’t.
Writing calls to action
How to encourage people to take the next step.
How to improve results by making simple changes to the way you lay out your writing.
Checking grammar and punctuation
How to avoid common writing mistakes.
Why accuracy matters, plus essential proofreading tips and techniques.
Effective Copywriting Workshop Prices
One-day workshop: £1350
Half-day workshop: £750
- Discussion about what you want to achieve.
- Programme tailored to your goals, incorporating your own material, and reflecting the needs of the specific group as assessed via samples of participants’ own writing and a pre-course survey.
- Printed course material.
- Feedback to course organiser.
Expenses will be kept to a minimum and charged at cost. No charge for travel time within the UK. I will provide a best estimate of total expenses before you commit to a course.